How about a recipe today?
Do you love quick and easy recipes? Try Veggie Crescent Pizza which is ready in a flash, can be made ahead, and your kids will gobble up the raw vegetables…A win for both Parents and Kids!…and leftovers, if any, are still as good the next day! See more Easy Recipes here.
Ready in a Flash and You Can Make It Ahead
It’s easy to throw this together for a quick, light, and reasonably healthy lunch or after school snack. And Pillsbury has a seamless crescent dough sheet now. No perforated triangles to have to press back together. That speeds up the process even more. I have found this in some stores, though you may have to ask for it.
You can make this with the vegetables you have on hand, or use the ones the kids like. ( Or the rest of the family…..not mentioning any names, but there is a grown man in one household who won’t eat his vegetables!…just sayin’).
When making this one, we chopped the vegetables with a Pampered Chef Food Chopper. This chops the vegetables into smaller pieces but that makes the pieces easier to eat, especially for smaller mouths. You can also try a bag of Rainbow Salad (julienne broccoli, cabbage, carrots) which is very simple to just scatter on top of the spread. We like lots of carrots.
You can make the quick and easy Veggie Crescent Pizza ahead of time and cover and refrigerate until needed. Cut into slices with a pizza cutter and serve on a napkin. No clean up. Or at least not much. If you have veggie-loving dogs at home, you know they are little Hoover machines, so anything dropped is taken care of!
Enjoy your Veggie Pizza. Think of all the veggies you’ve eaten.
You deserve some chocolate now!
- About 3 cups chopped vegetables of choice
- 1 can refrigerator Pillsbury Crescent Roll sheet or 8 crescents roll
- 1 8oz cream cheese block
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1 clove minced garlic OR 1/8 tsp powdered garlic
- In a 13×9 baking dish, roll out crescent dough sheet and bake according to directions.
- Let cool about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile mix cream cheese, mayo, spices until a creamy spread.
- Spread on cooled crescent sheet
- Sprinkle veggies on top of the creamy spread and press in slightly
- Cover and chill until ready to eat OR cut it with a pizza cutter and enjoy now!
I have bought the bags of Rainbow salad and they make a quick shortcut if you are pressed for time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 2 inch square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g