What’s for dinner tonight? Chicken Noodle Soup?
Got a case of the sniffles? Feeling a little blah this week? It may be just an old wives’ tale, but one of the most comforting soups you can eat is easy chicken noodle soup.
Call me old fashioned, but it makes me feel better. It is a simple soup to make. See more Easy Recipes here.
What is better than being curled up on your sofa on a rainy day watching Netflix? When you have a big pot of this easy chicken noodle soup on the stove or in the crock pot, you know it will be a lunch or supper where everyone can grab a bowl and settle in, right?
And these late summer evenings that are getting a little cool just call out for an easy meal. You need a simple and easy meal for the kids to just be able to run in after football practice or dance class and just grab a bowl.
Some nights you just need a meal that is quick and easy.
If you put the chicken breasts into the crock pot for just a few hours on high, it will be ready to shred or dice. Using the broth which has cooked out of the chicken makes a good base for your soup.
Add as much chicken stock as needed to keep enough broth for your noodles. You can sprinkle in a few diced onions if you like.
Jenny used petite carrots and sliced them into tiny circles because that is how Jacob has always eaten them. But you can use shredded carrots if you prefer.
Serve with this recipe for our easy biscuits and you will feel so comforted. I guarantee it!
Jacob likes those big noodles and it is nice to see an empty bowl and know he has had a hot lunch or supper. He is ready to run for the rest of the day.
Leftovers are good too. Just store covered in the refrigerator.
This easy chicken noodle soup can be a meal, serve it with biscuits or crusty bread. Using a crock pot makes it simple.
- 3 chicken breast halves, approx 11/2 lbs
- 3 qts box chicken broth incl cooking broth
- 1 bag of petite carrots sliced ( or use shredded carrots)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion, if you like
- 1 16oz bag Amish noodles, we like extra wide
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Add chicken breasts to crock pot and cook on high approx 2-3 hours til no longer pink inside.
- Remove meat, but save all the broth. Keep lid on to keep heated.
- Shred or dice up the chicken and add back to broth in crock pot.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and cook on high for another hour .
- Add noodles and put on low and cook another 30 mins stirring once or twice.
- Ready to serve!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g